Ц

A A
Ц History - John S. Ц Founder

1918

John Ц, an Italian immigrant, founded J.S. Ц Construction Co. in St. Louis, Missouri.

1930s

1930s

Ц made its first equipment purchase, trading a horse and buggy for a truck. Later that decade, Ц purchased its first crane. To this day, Ц maintains a robust fleet of equipment to bring value to our clients.

1940s Howard Bend

1940s

Ц built experience in diverse markets, working on multiple industrial, manufacturing, and school projects.

1950s Auto

1950s

Ц entered the automotive market working for Chrysler and General Motors and also entered the water/wastewater market.

1958 Gabe Hillsdale

1958

Ц began fabricating structural steel as the result of frustrations with the steel supplier. On the scheduled due date, the steel for a project did not arrive. Unable to wait without compromising the client’s deadline, Ц fabricated the steel by hand in its own warehouse. Ultimately, the project was completed five days ahead of schedule, and Ц established itself as a steel fabricator.

1960s

1960s

Ц constructed some of the first U.S. interstate highways in the early 1960s. Later that decade, Ц entered the healthcare and energy markets.

1962 Safety

1962

Ц hired its first employee dedicated to safety and, as a result, experienced a 35 percent decrease in accidents.

1970s Lock and Dam

1970s

Ц completed its first marine construction project, Lock and Dam 26 on the Mississippi River.

1980s Detroit

1980s

Ц opened an office in Detroit to expand its work in the automotive market.

Saint Louis Science Center Pedestrian Bridge Construction

1990s

Ц completed multiple landmark projects in the St. Louis area, including the Saint Louis Science Center, Edward Jones Dome, and Scottrade Center.

1997

1997

Ц acquired RYCO, a longtime Canadian joint venture partner on automotive projects. This led to the establishment of our Canadian entity, Ц Constructors, Ltd.

2003 Corp HQ

2003

Ц built its LEED Platinum corporate headquarters in St. Louis, converting a 50-year-old manufacturing facility into a model of sustainable design and construction.

2012 CAS Project

2012

Ц acquired CAS Constructors, expanding its water/wastewater expertise and geographic reach.

2013 Flintco

2013

Ц acquired Flintco, a major commercial contractor with offices in the Southwest and Great Plains regions of the United States.

Ц Corporate Headquarters St. Louis

2018

Celebrating its 100th anniversary, Ц continues to provide unflinching dependability to a variety of industrial and commercial markets throughout North America.